For the last two years, around the time of my birthday, I’ve posted this type of thing.
**By the way – the website the above links take you to is an archive site for all of my previous 289 blogs 🙂 if you feel like exploring.**
Although it’s been over two months since my 20th birthday, I’m going to post this anyway. I enjoyed the other ones, so here I am with another.
1. Read – it’s a secret to being happy
2. Go out of your comfort zone
3. Breathing is key
4. Your mind is your most powerful tool
5. Waking up early is one of the best ways to change your life
6. Deep down, you always know what the right thing to do is
7. Love is worth all things
8. No act of kindness is ever wasted
9. On that same note, you can’t help anyone else unless you first help yourself
10. You’ll lose your way many times in life. But if you stay your course, the path will reveal itself again
11. Loss is inevitable
12. When you feel like you’ve got nowhere to go, you’re wrong
13. 5 4 3 2 1 — This is, by far, my favorite thing that I’ve obtained this last year. Literally, whenever you don’t want to do something, this is how you do it. If you’ve gotta run a mile, get up for work, have an unwelcome conversation, or whatever—countdown from 5, then do it. It’s the most simple yet most effective secret trick/tip I’ve got. Try it.
14. No one is ever paying as much attention to you as you think
15. Being alone is always better than being with the wrong people
16. Don’t put yourself in stupid situations just to please someone else
17. Being yourself is not cliche
18. Anxiety is not you
19. Spend time with what/who you love
20. Negativity sells – positivity always prevails
This was actually a lot harder for me to put together than I expected it to be. Not because I don’t know what lessons I’ve learned. Simply because I struggled to put words with each one—so I didn’t. Sometimes, getting right to the point and staying there is better than explanation.